Okay, so the quarantine diet (or lack thereof) is starting to lose its luster. It's time to turn ourselves around and at least start trying to eat healthier... but we still want to look good, right? Well, lucky for you all, #zucchini is #trending and we are here. for. it.
I've seen the memes about bloggers making you read an entire life story before you get to the recipe, so we're cutting to the chase. Here we go:
3-4 medium zucchini (6-8 inches long)
1 Tbsp + 1 tsp oil (olive, canola, vegetable, and avocado all work)
1 tsp Italian seasoning
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp balsamic glaze (aged balsamic vinegar also works)
- Wash the zucchini and trim off the tips.
- Cut them lengthwise at about 1/3-1/2" thick, no thinner or they will overcook.
- For small zucchini, just slice in half lengthwise.
- For large zucchini, cut in half crosswise before slicing.
- Preheat grill to medium heat, and prepare the zucchini using the PREP instructions above.
- Toss the prepared zucchini slices in the oil of your choice.
- Lightly coat the zucchini with the salt, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder.
- Put the zucchini on the grill. If they are long enough, lay them on the grill horizontally (across the grates) so they don't fall through. If they are still too small, you can pack them in aluminum foil pouches or use a non-stick grilling mat like the one here.
- Grill 5-6 minutes, turning halfway. You should be able to tell whether or not the zucchini are getting tender. If they are not tender after 6 minutes, put back on the grill for 2 minutes at a time until they reach the desired doneness.
- Remove from heat and drizzle with balsamic glaze.
Hint: If you don't like balsamic or you're trying to make it kid-friendly (most children's palates don't appreciate balsamic), try ranch dressing instead!
For the inspiration for this recipe from Katie at Healthy Seasonal Recipes, click here.
Anyway, there you have it!
Happy Healthy Grilling!