Last updated 9/22/23
If you've never tried brussels sprouts before, you're not alone, but it may be time to reconsider!
Brussels sprouts are a leaf vegetable that compliment many dishes, especially on the grill.
Below, we've outlined a brussels sprout recipe that (if anything is going to) will make you realize your love for this "forbidden vegetable."
Grilled Brussels Sprouts with Garlic Butter
- 4 cups brussels sprouts (halved)
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 3 cloves minced garlic (or 3 tsp of the bottled kind)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Wash the brussels sprouts. (Be gentle, they've gotten a lot of hate over the years.)
- Microwave the brussels sprouts for 4-5 minutes to soften.
- If your sprouts have stems, wait until they cool, and cut them off.
- You have options here. You can either skewer them, or use a grill mat. It's your preference, but we would recommend the grill mat, because it's easier clean up, and you don't have to take the time to carefully place each sprout on a skewer.
- Mix together the melted butter and the garlic, and gently toss your sprouts in it.
- Place on the grill over direct heat for 8-10 minutes, shifting the sprouts as needed to avoid burning on one side.
If you've been conditioned to fear the concept of brussels sprouts, this delicious recipe just might change your mind.