Top 5 Beer & BBQ Pairings of 2018
There are two things in this world that will never go out of style, and will always go well together: Beer & BBQ. From biker rallies to backyards, this duo is sure to please. But for us, an innovation company, this begs the question: if its been this great so far, can it get better? Well, according to this infographic, it can.
The chart [below] provides the 7 best kinds of beer to pair with the top 12 BBQ meals in the country--color coded and everything! (Side note: Mac & Cheese is on the list, and we're totally about it.)
Our faves? We're glad you asked. Here's our Top 5 Beer & BBQ Pairings to try:
5. Smoked Chicken // IPA - We get it, IPA's aren't for everyone... but there's something about the smokiness contained in chicken that just makes an IPA sting (in a good way, of course).
4. Pulled Pork // Brown Ale - This pairing may seem too normal to be in the Top 5, but don't knock it 'til you try it. The decadent flavor of a brown (or even amber) ale goes perfect with light red meats like pork. Throw on a sweet & tangy sauce for an even more complimentary pair.
3. Spare Ribs // Rauchbier - Ribs and smoke? Yes, please. The on-the-bone flavor of ribs pairs perfectly with the smoky, barley flavor of a Rauchbier. Try it, you won't be disappointed.
2. Macaroni & Cheese // Porter - This HAD to be on our list. First of all, if you haven't had smoked Mac & Cheese, you're losing. Second of all, the deep flavor of a porter + carbs and cheese = perfection.
1. Hamburger or Hotdog // Pilsner - It's a classic that never grows old. We don't feel like we should have to explain it any further than that. If you don't get it now, you never will.