FALL IS HERE!
Yesterday was the first official day of Fall, and here at Grillight, we are excited!
With evenings getting cooler, tailgating at its peak, hunting season around the corner, and holiday gifting upon us, it’s PRIME TIME to let Grillight SHINE!
In honor of Fall 2021, we thought we'd share the trending food that everyone is going to be making this year: fruit on the grill!
While this is not a recipe, per se, it is a phenomenal idea that I'm mad I didn't think of sooner! Here are some of our favs to try:
1. Core and slice the apple to your preference. Remember: the smaller the slice, the more likely it is to slip through the grill grates. If you prefer smaller slices to halves or quarters, try using a non-stick griddle mat like this one!
2. Sprinkle or toss the slices with cinnamon, and throw them on the grill until the meat of the fruit is tender to your preference.
1. Slice the figs into 2 halves, cutting top to bottom.
2. Place the figs on a preheated grill, insides facing down, and grill for 5-10 minutes, depending on preference.
3. Flip them over on the grill, drizzle them with honey or molasses, and remove from heat.
1. If you are starting with a whole pineapple, cut it into O-ring slices. If not, use pre-sliced O-ring pineapple, or wedge slices.
2. Place the pineapple on a preheated grill and sprinkle lightly with allspice or paprika.
3. Grill for 6-8 minutes, remove, and add more spice to taste.
1. Core and slice the peach to your preference, but the larger the slices, the easier the grilling will be.
2. Sprinkle or toss the slices with nutmeg, and throw them on the grill until the fruit is warm all the way through. Keep in mind that peaches may cook faster than other fruits.
Let us know if you try any of these and what you thought!
Love and Grilling,